Crafted for Every Season
As a team, the brand is focused on encouraging everyone around them to own less—to invest in thoughtful pieces that stand the test of time. They take pride in crafting apparel that can be loved for decades, instead of trends that are thrown out with the changing seasons. Twenty years ago, the company, then named Sitka, was making and selling surfboards. With values deeply rooted in the Pacific Northwest mentality, the company has been a vocal environmental advocate and fought against pipelines and old-growth clear-cutting.
“We are unashamedly For Nature, so whether you use our apparel for the exploration of Nature, or to contribute to Nature’s well-being, experiencing the power of Nature increases our consciousness to care for it.”
Where Planet and Profit Co-Exist
All of the brand’s apparel is made in Canada and the US, supporting local jobs, and building the highest quality product. They do not use synthetic materials like polyester, acrylic, or nylon that are made from petroleum products and result in the creation of microplastics. Instead, all-natural, biodegradable materials are used to respect the environment and maximize durability. With their direct-to-consumer business model the company is closer to their community and strives to understand what they actually need. By cutting out the middle person, the brand is able to make higher-quality products that are built to last and are worth the investment.
Giving Back (on More than Just Tuesday’s)
This weekend ecologyst will be holding their world premiere of Before They Fall at Whistler Film Festival. The film, directed by Cam William MacArthur, covers a decades-long battle by conservation groups, First Nations, and scientists to protect the remaining old-growth forests in British Columbia. Cam and his team capture the recent escalation of the situation, giving audiences a taste of the tense situation between land defenders, enforcement agencies, and logging companies. Produced by Whistler-based Ecologyst Films.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is the founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Communications (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co), and V.E.G. Networking Group | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.12.16Duende Launches Guest Curation Series with Uber-Influencer Cara Jourdan
- Health & Wellness2021.12.12EcoLux☆Lifestyle: 10 Most Expensive Essential Oils in the World
- Fashion2021.12.03ecologyst: Slow Fashion for the People, the Planet, on Purpose
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2021.11.22Smash + Tess Launch Holiday Pop-Up in Coquitlam Centre!