Smoothie Bowl. Two words that inspire desire when mentioned. There is something so basic and urgent about a bowl filled with pureed frozen fruit and topped with all the best that nature can produce. Smoothie bowls are super complete and a wonderful way to get all the fruit you need each day. Delicious, nutritious, and so naturally sweet.
Our favourite at-home go-to recipe for a giant bowl or for two to share is the EcoLuxLiving 6-Minute Smoothie:
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 Sunrise Flavoured Tofu (150g) – almond, coconut for zing or peach-mango for sweeter fruitier flavour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia (sub in sweet syrup such as agave or date, brown sugar)
- Blend and pour
Top with sliced fruit, nuts and seeds, and if you want to get wild – small cubes of Sunrise Smoked Tofu. If you skip the nut butter, bananas, and avocado (some people do!), this bowl has less than 500 calories Perfect to pair with a wrap for lunch or as an afternoon pick-me-up!
We love that the smoothie bowl purveyors in the Lower Mainland are constantly mixing things up! Before you order, ask if there is a weekly or daily extra-yummy special or if you can customize a bowl to suit your cravings.
Body Energy Club – 16 Locations throughout Lower Mainland
Buddha-Full Provisions – Lower Lonsdale & Northwoods Village
Freshii – 20 Locations!
Hey Kokomo – Vine, Gore, N. Van
Juice Truck – 5 Locations (Steveston to Yaletown)
Those who don’t fancy a big bowl of fruity sweetness, can always check out the veggie smoothie selections. Starting with or adding kale, avocado, and greens, will add a powerful punch of vitamins and really amp up your day!
The Bestie Bowl / Image: @juicetruck
Feature image is another delicious smoothie bowl from Buddha-full Provisions!
- Helen Siwak is passionate about plantbased culinary, promoting a vegan lifestyle, shopping secondhand, and supporting eco-activists. Her plate is full as founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Comms (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co). | [email protected].
- Dining & Beverages2022.02.19Nightshade Part II: A Special Night in Yaletown [PHOTOS]
- Dining & Beverages2022.02.16Thirsty? Try these 3 Bubbly Non-Alcohol Options at Your Next Get-Together
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2022.02.03INVITO Coffee Roasters Checks All the Boxes for Eco-Aware Coffee Lovers!
- Dining & Beverages2022.01.15At Nightshade Restaurant in Yaletown, Even the Cocktails are Vegan!