The long awaited launch of the new Dior in Holt Renfrew did not disappoint! The space located just inside the main entrance features a wide range of women’s luxury products including the 2017 collection of Lady Dior Limited Edition handbags.
Following the success of the Dior Lady Art series in 2016, Dior invited ten international artists to revisit and create a reinvention of the iconic Lady Dior bag, many of which are on display and available for sale at the boutique at Holt Renfrew.
Lee Bul, John Giorno, Hong Hao, Jack Pierson, Friedrich Kunath, Namsa Leuba, Betty Mariani, Jamilla Okubo, Spencer Sweeney and David Wiseman were invited to unveil their personal vision of the timeless bag and transpose their creativity into a new medium.
The latest creations include a striking interpretation by South Korean artist Lee Bul, whose bag (below) is covered with a dozen tiny mirrors slanted in different directions, making the whole bag appear to be one big shattered mirror. Unfortunately for launch night attendees, this reflective bag was snatched up before the event!
Take a 360 degree cruise through the new Dior.
Before heading over to Dior, I made a stop at Modaselle, my fave preloved luxury accessories boutique, for a bling top-up. The clustered pearl necklace and marble earrings are from a past season of the Dior Tribales and befitting an all black ensemble.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is the founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Comms (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co), and VEG Networking Group | [email protected].
- Fashion2022.05.17HUNTER Creates Summer ‘BLOOM’ Collection from ALGAE!
- Home & Decor2022.05.16Mid-Century to Modern: Sourcing Sustainable Furniture & Decor
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2022.05.12Subscription Kits – Eat, Drink & Clean-Up with YVR-based Brands
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2022.05.08Get Gorgeous at Green Circle Hair Salons: 5 Recommendations