There has never been a greater opportunity to learn about the ways you can live a plant-based lifestyle than at the Planted Expo in Vancouver! With over 200 vendors of plant-based and vegan products and services, the Vancouver Conference Centre is where we will be next weekend. EcoLuxLifestyle.co is excited to partner with Virchew to giveaway two tickets to Planted Expo. Details below!
From VegExpo to Planted Expo in 2021
“The speakers we have assembled for our Vancouver event are some of the top in the plant-based industry,” said Stevan Mirkovich, PlantedLife.com Co-Owner and Chief Relational Officer. “Not only are these speakers bringing valuable information to Planted Expo attendees, but we also have over 200 vendors participating to highlight the various products and ways to incorporate plant-based living in your every day.”
PlantedExpo Has the Speakers!
● Vegan Ultra-Endurance Athlete and plant-based nutrition advocate Rich Roll will speak on The Plant-based Conversion
● Naturopathic Doctor and advocate for evidence-based nutrition as medicine Dr. Matthew Nagra, will speak on Is Animal Protein Really King?
● Bestselling author of The Vegan Family Cookbook, Anna Pippus will share her realistic approach to healthy and flavourful vegan cooking.
● Save Da Sea CEO and Founder Aki Kaltenbach will talk about her plant-based seafood company and how her inspiration came from seeing unsustainable fish farming practices in British Columbia.
● Zoe Peled leads a panel discussion with guests: Amy Soranno (Meat the Victims), Jasmine C. Leyva (The Invisible Vegan), Jaunting Jay (Vancouver Urban Ecologist), and Karen McAthy (Blue Heron Cheese).
For a full list of Speaks on Saturday and Sunday – click here!
Meet Rich Roll & Help A Home for Hooves
Vegan ultra-athlete, author and gifted speaker Rich Roll will be speaking in Vancouver for the first time at the Planted Expo. On November 20th, Vancouverites will have two opportunities to hear about Rich Roll’s plant-based journey and how he became an Ultraman World Champion through a vegan lifestyle.
Named as one of the “25 fittest men in the world”, Rich Roll is no stranger to the work and dedication it takes to reach high-level physical goals. On Saturday, November 20th, Rich Roll will be at the Planted Expo at 1:00 p.m. to speak on “The Plant-based Conversation”. This event is included in the entrance fee of the Planted Expo on Saturday.
For those who want to take a deeper dive into how Rich Roll went from an overweight, inactive attorney to an accomplished vegan ultra-endurance athlete, speaker and author, they have an opportunity to attend An Evening with Rich Roll on November 20th at St. Andrew’s Wesley United Church at 1022 Nelson Street in Vancouver. General admission tickets for the 7:00pm live podcast recording and Q&A are $99. For those looking for an enhanced experience, tickets are available for a VIP Meet & Greet with Rich Roll at 6:00pm for $249. VIP tickets include a signed copy of Rich’s latest book Voicing Change.
Ticket purchasers for this special event have an opportunity to give back by donating to A Home for Hooves, Canada’s first accredited farm sanctuary, at checkout. Planted will match donations up to a total of $5,000 to assist the sanctuary with their urgent needs following the addition of 101 animals to the farm.
Navigating Planted Expo – Our Recommendations
Plant-based doesn’t just mean food, it also includes items that are created in an ethical and cruelty-free way. But, for those seeking amazing locally-produced meals and treats try Panela Lemon stuffed cookies, brEAThe Kitchen pies and quiche for home-style comfort food, Fatso Peanut Butter, KOVE Ocean Foods‘ seaweed products, Plantastic jarred desserts. For our furry friends, visit Virchew for their innovative plant-based meals and treats for dogs.
For those looking to start holiday shopping, there are an array of products perfect for anyone on your list with vendors showcasing clothing (SoftSoul Footwear), skincare (LOA Skin), hair products (Nuez Acres), candles (Kilig Candle Co.), and kitchen items (Sassy Frass Kitchenary, Earth Warrior).
Visit the full speaker schedule for the Planted Expo and see the list of vendors attending the two-day event. For the health and safety of attendees, staff, and exhibitors, Planted Expo will be requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all aged 12 and up, in accordance with the new government mandate.
Who are the Organizers – Planted Life?
Planted Life is helmed by Stevan Mirkovich and Jonny Ostojic, and holds deeply held values around health, well-being, and compassion, aiming to make a difference and further the plant-based movement. As Canada’s largest plant-based event, Planted Expo is a place to come together, celebrate, and explore plant-based living. Wherever you are on your plant-based journey, whether you want to live a healthier lifestyle, are passionate about animal welfare, or want to reduce your environmental impact, there is something for you. Planted is growing and expanding!
Who Are the Sponsors of this Awesome Event?
When is Planted Expo?
Planted Expo Vancouver runs Saturday, November 20 and Sunday, November 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Vancouver Convention Centre West, 1055 Canada Place. Tickets for Planted Expo are available via Showpass, prices are $20 for adults and $15 for seniors. Admission is free for children.
- Helen Siwak is passionate about content creation, marketing, shopping secondhand, promoting a vegan lifestyle, and supporting organizations and activists fighting against the status quo. She is the founder and president of EcoLuxLuv Comms (Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, EcoLuxLifestyle.co), and VEG Networking Group | [email protected].
- Fashion2022.05.17HUNTER Creates Summer ‘BLOOM’ Collection from ALGAE!
- Home & Decor2022.05.16Mid-Century to Modern: Sourcing Sustainable Furniture & Decor
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2022.05.12Subscription Kits – Eat, Drink & Clean-Up with YVR-based Brands
- ☆ Shop Local Spotlights!2022.05.08Get Gorgeous at Green Circle Hair Salons: 5 Recommendations